Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: I work in the National Capital Region, should I plan to attend the Global Town Hall in person at the DISA HQ Auditorium?
A: We encourage organizations to watch together in their conference rooms, given the limited seating in the DISA HQ Auditorium.
- Q: Will I be able to participate from my home computer, from my smart phone, from my tablet, etc.?
A: You will be able to participate in the global town hall by using a CAC enabled device. However, we strongly encourage you to watch the town hall within a conference room to save bandwidth.
- Q: How will I know where my organization will be watching the town hall?
A: A senior leader within your organization should establish meeting locations for the town hall. Your POC within the organization should coordinate with the DISA technical leads for connectivity.
- Q: I am the point of contact within my organization to set up the Global Town Hall. Who should I contact at DISA for the technical aspect?
A. Contact one of the DISA Technical Leads below:
DISA Technical Lead: Ms. Sharon Sellers
DISA Mission Partner Engagement Lead: Ms. Marie Sakowicz
- Q: Can I send questions ahead of time and if so, how?
A: You will be able to send questions ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: Will I be able to ask questions during the event, and if so how?
A: Questions during the event should be sent via text message directly to 703-835-3317.
- Q: Will contractors be allowed to participate?
A: Yes, the Global Town Hall is open to military, civilians and contractors who work in the IT professional area for the DoD.
- Q: I'm not a CIO, should I participate?
A: We encourage anyone at DoD who works as an IT professional to participate.
- Q: Will a transcript be available afterwards?
A: No, there will not be a transcript but the town hall will be recorded with closed captioning that can be viewed at a later date here on our website.
Q: Will there be a read ahead provided?
A: We are not providing a read ahead.
Q: Will this be 508 compliant - will there be sign language - will there be live captions?
A: Yes, closed captioning will be used during the live streamed event.
Q: Will I need any special hardware or software capability?
A: You will need a CAC to view the live stream for the Global Town Hall. Again, we encourage you to watch the town hall with your organization in a conference room.
Q: How long before the event starts will I be able to test my connection and access?
A: The on-site technical POCs should work with the technical leads to ensure connection and access to the live stream in advance.
Q: What if I am unable to watch the Global Town Hall on May 17th at the designated time or locations, will it be recorded so I can watch later?
A: The Global Town Hall will be recorded and the recording will be made available on the Global Town Hall website after the event.
Q: I am a member of press, can I attend in-person at the DISA HQ Auditorium since I do not have a CAC?
A: The Global Town Hall is closed to the media. The DoD CIO office regularly hosts media round tables and we hope to host you at a media round table in the future.